Privacy and Cookies
When you access, browse or otherwise use the website you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to this policy. Should you disagree with any part of this document, you should not use it.
We respect your right to privacy and promise to do our best to maintain it. We only collect, store and process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
Information we may hold
Information that you provide to us including but not limited to when you:
- Use Norton Primary School applications on Facebook and Twitter
- Enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- Fill in our online enquiry form
- Sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS
Information you provide when you apply for registration via the website, when you subscribe to any of our services or request additional services.
If you decide to correspond with us, we may keep a record of your contact.
If we request you to complete surveys that we might use for research purposes you have the right to decline the opportunity to participate.
We may collect data using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
Your IP address
Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic, location and other communication information and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you may have accessed in locating our website. (Google Analytics)
Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
How we might use your data
Unless you have declined the following, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
- From time to time, to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, promotions, special offers and services.
- E-mail Marketing or Newsletters. You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
- Transferring data internationally.
- We may transfer personal data we have collected from you within the organisation.
- Payment Card details. We currently do not take any card details/payments via our website.
At Norton Primary School we take your online security very seriously. Full details of how we protect the information you provide us are given below:
When you enter your details into our online enquiry form this information is sent to us via email and is stored on our system. We do not hand out any of this information, only within the organisation.
Cookies are small encrypted text files that may be stored on your computer or other device by this website.
- To provide site usage information (Google Analytics), which will help us continue to improve and develop the products and services we offer.
- To analyse your use of our website, allowing us to identify customer preferences and improve customers experience of the website.
- So that we can better serve you when you return to our site, for example a cookie might help you to avoid having to re-enter data you have given us before.
You can adjust your web browser preferences to disable cookies. To find out how to reject or restrict cookies you may find it helpful to visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that some cookies may be essential to make purchases or request information. Should you decide to reject cookies, the ability of the website to provide the service you request may be impaired.
Access to Information
You are entitled to ask us what personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to have us correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you which may occur a small charge.
On the Facebook and Twitter applications you may have the opportunity to post various questions, reviews or other content.
Please note that you can change certain settings on Facebook related to the application through your account and privacy settings on Facebook.